Friday, January 20, 2012

New glasses for a new lady

Look, I am a grown up now. I work 9-5, I worry about tax rates and who will be the next president, about whether I can fit a nice vacation into my budget, and what my role is in my community. I work for the weekend, spend evening numbing my brain in front of the television, and enjoy going to the movies and out to restaurants to escape the hum drum-ality of daily life.

Ok, maybe I don't do some of these things, but they tell me I am a grown up now anyhow, so it was time to stop buying cheap $6 glasses and actually invest in a new quality pair, since my last "real" glasses were sadly outdated, instilling real fear in myself and my passengers when driving in inclement weather or at night and slightly out of style (we can't have that!) So I bit the bullet,m spent some of my hard earned dough and got a new pair. I feared they may be a little too Liz Lemmon-esc (hey there are worse people to look like) but I don't think they are now. Check me out!

Me, pleased with the new lenses, driving my grown-up self to work. Also- look how long my hair is!
This is what I like to call the "My eyes are up here" photo. Because they are, don't forget it!

Do new glasses give us a new outlook on life? Those clear, unflawed lenses having never seen the harsh realities that await? I like to thing so.

I finally figured out what I want to DO with my life. I mean REALLY, not in the wishy-washy, fickle, second guessing way I usually decide things, but I actual have real concrete goals now, a real career in mind, and a way to get there. More on that in a later post, still working out the exact details, but once they are in place I'll be sure to announce it. Blame it on the glasses, but everything is now so clear (punny? I don't know.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to learn the details about your goals. Such suspense and anticipation. Nice glasses, too :)

Cali said...

Yes awaiting those details, that's exciting! I love your long hair, your new glasses, and your eyes up here photo.

Kaycee said...

Love you glasses! Your hair is beautiful too! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...