Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wanderlusting

I have been itching to get to D.C. for about 6 months now, so when it looked like I might not pass my Spanish classes, I told myself that if I worked hard and did pass, I could take myself on a trip. Well, I booked my tickets today and I am so excited!! I will be going out to see one of my oldest friends who moved to NYC over the summer, spending a few days there, then we two are going to take the fun bus down to D.C.for a few days.

I know I am a nerd, but I can't wait to see this:


and this will be going on when we are there:

As far as NYC goes, I have never been as an adult. I went with my dad when I was in high school and had a great time, it is one trip I will always remember fondly because it was just he and I, walking around the city in February freezing our nee-nees off, seeing a bunch of Broadway plays (4 to be exact), visiting tourists spots, and spending time together.

I am looking forward to hitting a couple museums I didn't get enough of on my first trip, and seeing the city in the spring, as well as spending time getting to know what my friend is like as a New York City woman! If anyone has suggestions of things 'off the beaten path" that I should check out, I would be more than pleased to accept them- for both NYC and DC as well.  I hear there are some excellent vegan places in those areas, so I will have to make my way to those as well and write up a little something, although I am not sure I can spend the cash for the chef's tasting menu at PURE like I would like to :(

April cannot come soon enough.

3 comments:

Cali said...

What's the top image of?

We will find plenty of off the beaten path things to do, and I even know of a vegan restaurant that's supposed to be really good!

Anonymous said...

The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is freaking awesome! I am happy for your trip, it's going to be great. And, I think you should start collecting donations for PURE. I'm in $15 bucks. Hell, might as well experience it while you are out there!

Stuart and Kimber said...

Oh! I'm so excited for you! Some of those places need reservations way in advance so don't forget to do that. Yay! I'm so excited!!! (Congratulations on passing Spanish!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...