These turned out delicious and adorable, a good combination, and we had fun in the process. I love baking and it is even better with people you love. I took the doughnuts to work today and they were a hit! Success on all counts.
Vanilla Spice Doughnuts1 Cup All Purpose Flour (we had to add about 1/4 a cup because the dough was so runny)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp (scant) Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Soymilk
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Egg worth of Egg Replacer
4 Tbs Earth Balance
Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk wet ingredients together on the stovetop on low, just to mix them well and get them warm. . Mix dry ingredient in a large bowl and add wet mixture when warm until just mixed. The batter is wet and sticky. Put dough in doughnut pan (or be creative if you don't have one as we did using tin foil- it works and will make you feel like a very special baker) and bake for 12-15 mins then decorate as desired.
My nephew helped stir- he was not a fan of stirring on the stove though. Leave that to me little buddy, with my new apron (Great gift! Thanks Mom!)
P.S. I am in an "I don't actually want to do my hair today" and "Please can I just wear a baggy man shirt today?" phase, so don't judge.
Pre-baked ghetto fab
Baked Result FTW! The foils slid right out and we had lovely little doughnuts!
We decorated with whatever we had on hand, sliced almonds, dark chocolate chunks, 2 kinds of sprinkles, and just used a vegan cream cheese frosting my sister had left over from the Carrot Cake Cupcakes (also pictured above- in the wrappers) she made me earlier in the week (see, she is the best).
My sister as master decorator- isn't she adorable? (the answer is yes)





3 comments:
All 3 of you are just darling!!!
VOODOO!
Jack! That is what I should have named this post. Can we go back there please? I'd stand in line again next to the magic speckled brick.
Post a Comment