
Coming up on October 2nd the animal rights and environmental organization Kaycee and I started, Change for Animals is pleased to be a part of the 2nd Annual 5k Run/Walk and 10k Run for the Animals of Ching Farm Rescue & Sanctuary.
Start: Saturday, October 02, 2010 @ 8:00 AM
Memory Grove
370 North Canyon Road Salt Lake City, UT
Ching Farm Rescue & Sanctuary takes in animals of all kinds (especially farm animals) finds homes for them when possible and gives them a better life. This event will help to feed these animals and make sure they get the care and respect they deserve. They are offering a 5K walk/run, 10K run, or even the sleep in option of you would like to donate but don't have a strong desire to get out and move. Visit the Chaing Sanctuary site at chingsanctuary.org.
You can sign up for this event, donate and/or get more information by visiting www.active.com/running/salt-lake-city-ut/2nd-annual-5k-runwalk-and-10k-run-for-the-animals-of-ching-farm-rescue-and-sanctuary-2010.
We have set up a race group under the name changeforanimals, simply register and chose this group name when you sign up to join us in supporting this great cause. The cost is $25 with proceeds going directly to the animals (sans the cost of tee shirts for each participant). I have been getting updates from Ching via twitter and it sounds like there will be prizes and entertainment throughout the day, it promises to be a good time for a great cause.
If anyone wants to carpool, join, donate or would like more information I would be happy to provide it! It would be great to have a nice big group who donated for this, and even better for a group of walkers! (yes I will be walking- running and I do not mix)
No comments:
Post a Comment